Speaking as a siding contractor who came into the industry when aluminum siding was popular, one of the best enhancements I’ve seen in home remodeling is the evolution of vinyl siding. It’s now the No.1 exterior cladding choice in the United States, and for homeowners in our area, installing vinyl siding is an excellent investment due to its durability, no fuss maintenance, energy efficiency and overall aesthetic.
If you’re looking for a way to update your home that will require minimal upkeep, vinyl siding has my vote. Here is why:
- It looks great. When vinyl first started getting popular, some people shied away from it because it looked a bit well, plain and ugly. But vinyl siding has come a long way in the past few years, with manufacturers listing to the call to create a product that’s more visually pleasing. Believe it or not, you can not find vinyl siding that comes in a variety of profiles such as fish scale, shake, or scallop shapes.
- It’s incredibly strong. Winters here in Central Connecticut can be brutal, as can the summer sun. Vinyl siding is made to withstand winds of up to 110 mph and won’t fade or deteriorate as seasons change. Most products come with a protected warranty of up to 50 years for peace of mind, so you know your siding will stand up to the test of time.
- It’s easy to maintain. Imagine a lifetime free of painting, staining and caulking the outside of your home. One of my favorite things about vinyl is that it doesn’t need much maintenance other than a soap sponge bath an garden hose shower once in a while. Pus, unlike wood, you never have to worry about splitting, rotting, or termite and insect damage.
- It will reduce your energy bills. Insulating siding is energy efficient and works like a blanket over your walls ans wall studs. More than 75 percent of homes I work on are under-insulated, which means that heat is escaping in the winter an cool air is getting out in the summer. By installing vinyl siding, you’ll be able to keep the air in your home regulated at more comfortable temperature without running to the thermostat.
- It pays for itself. With a 50-year warranty, no cost maintenance and the savings you’ll reap form your energy bill, installing vinyl siding is an investment worth talking about.
Based in Berlin, CT and servicing residential and commercial property owners throughout the Hartford County area and beyond, A1 Home Improvement provides Residential Siding Install & Repair, Commercial Siding Install & Repair in the Hartford County, Connecticut. We offer 24/7 Emergency Siding Repair & Free and free consultations and estimates. As your local Siding Installation and Repair professionals you will receive a high level of customer service and satisfaction. Contact us today at (860) 202-2697 to schedule a free consultation and estimate.
By: Bob O’donnell
A1 Home Improvement of Berlin, Connecticut provides Kitchen Remodeling Services, Bathroom Remodeling Services, Kitchen Countertop Installation and Replacement, Custom Tile & Flooring, Kitchen Renovations, Finished Basement, Roofing and Siding Repairs and Installation, General Household Repairs, Waterproofing Contractor, Decks & Patios and more. Our service area includes the following towns and surrounding areas in Connecticut; Greater Hartford Area, Hartford County, Middlesex County, West Hartford and the Farmington Valley, Windsor Locks, Old Saybrook, Bloomfield, New Haven, Waterbury, Coventry, Bolton, Manchester, Vernon, East Hartford, West Hartford, Cromwell, Rocky Hill, Whethersfield, Bristol, Farmington, Vernon, Southington, Manchester. Contact us today for a FREE Consultation!